Virginia State Government 01431 - Trayline Supervisor in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 700. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applicants for the position of Trayline Supervisor. Reporting directly to the Food Service Director, incumbent: 1. Serves as supervisor on the resident tray assembly line. 2. Monitors and inspects resident trays to ensure diet instructions are being followed portion control adhered to and trays are attractively plated. 3. Intricate team member working with Dietitian Office on advice of special diets and resident issues. 4. Trains new personnel. 5. Lead in-services and meetings with shift. 6. Responsible for daily trayline log and temperature monitor sheet.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- High school graduate or equivalent, experience may substitute for education.
- Demonstrated experience in serving regular and modified diets, sanitation and tray assembly line.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food service operations, modified diets and cleaning techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to trayline personnel.
- Demonstrated ability in providing supervision of other employees.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and checking resident trays for accuracy with diet requirements and plating.
- Demonstrated ability to perform pre-checks on trays on the serving line and inspect other workstations to ensure proper setup and/or make adjustments necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to order groceries and supplies for the trayline.
- Demonstrated ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to lift heavy objects (50lbs or 25% of body weight); bending and stooping; prolonged standing and walking on various surfaces (i.e. concrete, tile, grass, dirt, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in various environmental conditions (extreme humidity, heat or cold).
- Formal training in diet therapy.
- Previous experience working in an institutional Food Service / Dietary Department.
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date”
- Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
- Eastern State Hospital conducts background checks on candidate(s) identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
- Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
EMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
MAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Working Title: 01431 - Trayline Supervisor
Role Title: Food Service Technician III - 79213
Job Open Date: 03/09/2018
Job Close Date: 03/23/2018
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $25,718 - $40,420
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: http://www.esh.dbhds.virginia.gov/recruitment/recruitment/bulletin.html
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 01431
Job Posting Number: 1035401
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 03