The GBS Group Engineering Technician IV (Integrated Shipboard Network System) in Virginia Beach, Virginia
This position is contingent upon contract award, and customer approval of resume. The shipboard Network Technician will provide technical support in analyzing, verifying, and troubleshooting Integrated Shipboard Network Systems (ISNS).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide fleet technical assistances support in the areas of analysis, verification, measurement support, and equipment characteristic s for various shipboard network systems.
- Perform independent duties or as a project team to provide assistance in all aspects of surface ship and submarine network processes to include but not limited to the responsibilities listed below.
- Provide onboard assessment support, inspection, corrective maintenance, and modernization support for network systems.
- Provide technical support of software/hardware as required to support network systems, government owned laptops/workstations onboard surface ship and submarines.
- Provide technical level of corrective maintenance, installation and testing of all install network systems. This includes but is not limited to support for the following systems:
- SUBLAN COMPOSE 3/4 (SIPR/NIPR)
- Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS)/NIAPS
- Non-Tactical Data Processing System (NTDPS)
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Global Command and Control - Maritime (GCCS-M)
- Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) and other C2I Systems/Equipment
- Provide onboard maintenance training to ship’s force technicians in the operations, repair, maintenance, and logistics support for the network systems.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
- High school degree or equivalent is desirable.
- Five (5) years of technical experience in the operation , maintenance, installation, test and/or repair of submarine electrical and /or electronic systems/equipment.
- A valid driver's license and be able to obtain a government driving permit.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- An active secret clearance.
- Prior experience related to submarine network maintenance and operation is desirable.
- Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively collaborate with a wide range of internal and external organizations at multiple levels of management.
- Candidates must be highly motivated and well organized with strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The GBS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We pledge equal access to employment, facilities, and programs, regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2018-1182
Job Locations: US-VA-Virginia BeachUS-CT-GrotonUS-GA-Kings Bay
Category: Hot Jobs
Type: Regular Full-Time
Eligibility for Security Clearance Required: Yes