Jewish Community Center Director of Summer Day Camp & Children/Family Programming in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Currently seeking an energetic, organized, and articulate individual with excellent people skills to oversee and coordinate the Summer Camp and Children/Family Programs at the UJFT/ Simon Family JCC. Independent judgment, initiative, and creative program planning skills required.
The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with children and is dedicated to promoting an appreciation for Jewish culture and values. Must be proficient in preparing yearly budgets, maintaining fiscal responsibility, and administrative management with willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Experience in hiring, training and supervising summer camp and volunteer staff, required.
Qualifications include, but not limited to BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university;3-5 years proven leadership experience directing a Summer Day Camp and Children & Family Programs. Must be detail-orientated with expertise in creative program development; Ability to communicate to Jewish, Interfaith and general audiences. Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit resumes with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the UJFT Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Children, Family & Camp Director is responsible for design, development, business development, marketing, implementation, management and evaluation of all children and young family programs and activities provided by the UJFT/Simon Family JCC including summer camp,general childrens programming and private parties.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assists the COO in long range planning, including business planning and strategic goal setting within the scope of Children & Young Family Programming components of the Strategic Plan
- Works effectively with other key UJFT management to improve the delivery of comprehensive andcoordinated UJFT/JCC programs and services to members
- Collaborates with the Children and Family Committee & UJFT/JCC volunteers, scheduling 4-6 meetings per year
- Provides leadership to staff in conceptualizing, organizing, implementing and evaluating high quality, innovative and comprehensive programs for children (toddlers through grade 8) and young families
- Leads business development activities to meet enrollment goals
- Reviews program evaluations and assessments to ensure high quality programs meet customer satisfaction and retention goals
Management, Supervision and Administration
- Monitors and reports performance of Children and Young Family program planning to ensure annual action plans and goals are established
- Prepares yearly budget and maintain fiscal responsibility in collaboration with CFO for all expenditures and income ofrelated programs and services
- Hires, trains and supervises all staff including summer camp staff and the Assistant Director Children, Family & Camp
- Provides management and supervisory oversight to Assistant Director and Camp Senior Staff
- Implements quality young family events and programming
- Collaborates with PJ Library program coordinator
- Ensures that all required equipment is maintained to proper standards for safety and programs satisfaction
- Follows all safety, First Aid and CPR procedures
- Maintains all supply inventories to keep programs operating at optimum level
- Ensures all standards set forth by the Virginia Department of Social Services for Summer Day Camp Programs are adhere to
- Provide a clean, safe and well maintained environment for all summer campers, members and guests
- Works collaboratively with Marketing department to ensure all necessary programmatic marketing materials and methods are completed in a timely manner
- Communicate on a daily basis with JCC members and participants
- Handle daily and promptly all issues and/or concerns
- Other duties as assigned**
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- Proven leadership in directing a summer day camp program
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to foster this attitude and skill in others
- Supervisory skills with the ability to train staff
- Highly detail-orientated in the ability to plan, organize and implement programs and services
- Strong knowledge of short and long-term planning, budgeting, and program development
- Ability to develop and sustain a team approach
- Ability to build strong partnerships in an environment of collaboration, both internally and externally with particular emphasis in the Jewish Community
- Expertise in creative program development, implementation and evaluation
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture, heritage and traditions
- Ability to adapt communication and interpersonal style to Jewish, Interfaith and general audiences
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the JCC
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Willingness to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater/Simon Family JCC is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia in a beautiful modern facility on the Reba & Sam Sandler Family Campus. The agencies serve the Jewish and general communities with a full array of traditional Federation and JCC programs. The Campus is centrally located, primarily serving the cities of Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
The Tidewater/Hampton Roads area consists of the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Newport News and Hampton, Virginia and is situated in beautiful Southeastern Virginia where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean.
Date Posted: 02/27/2018
Title: Director of Summer Day Camp & Children/Family Programming
JCC: Marilyn and Marvin Simon Family Jewish Community Center
Location: Virginia Beach, VA