Northrop Grumman NOSC Network Cyber Specialist in Suffolk, Virginia
NOSC Network Cyber Specialist
Requisition ID: 18010177
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Suffolk
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a NOSC Network Cyber Specialist. This position is located in Suffolk, VA.
The Cyber Defense Specialist for the Joint Training Enterprise Network
(JTEN) 24/7 Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) is responsible for performing Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Network Defense (CND).
Your primary duties will include the implementation of proactive and reactive security measures to ensure operational availability to the JTEN and information flow of mission critical applications. Additionally, you will provide direct support to the warfighter training events by identifying rule sets for firewalls, intrusion detection, and monitoring systems on the network. Moreover, you will be working closely with the customers of our network in order to identify potential issues and perform security requirements analysis.
1. Oversight and review of JTEN Firewalls
2. Operate and make configuration changes on JTEN Firewalls
3. Provides initial response to and reporting of viruses and other security incidents
4. Maintains appropriate security configurations for all network devices
5. Produce network security configurations status reports
6. Updates Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
7. Operates JTEN Network Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
8. Pushes Enterprise security and network operations policy out to the sites for implementation/enforcement
9. Operates JTEN Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
10. Enforces national, DOD, and Joint security policies and directives across the JTEN
11. Maintain visibility on, and awareness of new and emerging network and security techniques and technologies
12. Analyze security log files, IDS data, firewall data, etc.
13. Develop security Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) using technical and analytical skills
14. Assist with creating Standard Operating Procedures, where applicable
15. Collaborate with Exercise Planners
16. Ensure all issues are logged and documented
17. Quickly and professionally assess issues, and take steps to resolve
1. A Bachelors’ degree and a minimum of 6 yrs of direct relevant experience. (An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirements; Minimum of 10 yrs of relevant experience)
2. Security CE Certification
3. Capability to work shift work (Essential Personnel identifier)
4. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
5. Strong customer service orientation
6. Capability of lifting and moving equipment, as required.
7. A current Secret Clearance
8. U.S. Citizenship
1. One or more of the following: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
2. Network Operations Center Experience
3. Tier 1 and 2 Helpdesk Experience
4. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
5. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
6. Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
7. Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: NOSC Network Cyber Specialist
Requisition ID: 18010177