McKean Defense Surface Team One (ST1) Knowledge Manager (KM) in Norfolk, Virginia
Tracking Code 2716-317 Job Description
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean Defense has an opening for a Knowledge Manager (KM) in support of the United States Navy and the Surface Team One (ST1) Knowledge Sharing Networks (KSNs). The ideal candidate brings a passion for managing strategic programs critical to ensuring the defense of the nation with a track record of rapid, effective execution of initiatives providing significant value to the Navy. An understanding of the Navy’s operating environment and strategic priorities is necessary to succeed in this position. This position requires regular, direct, point-to-point client interface, excellent client-relationship development and management skills, and an outstanding ability to simultaneously manage multiple high visibility efforts, respond to emerging issues, and guide the clients to foresee, pursue, and achieve strategically significant results.
The Knowledge Manager will:
- Interface with military and civilian management as well as the other ST1 KSNs
- Coordinate meetings and events to include building agendas and presentations based on knowledge of relevant topics, advance briefings to senior leadership, facility coordination and management, and post-event reports
- Prepare clients and process stakeholders for events via advance briefings and communications
- Facilitate events both in face-to-face settings as well as over teleconferences
- Present/report metrics data and the data implications/significance to senior military/civilian management for recommended policy and procedural improvements
- Partner with other Navy enterprises (Carriers and Submarines) with regard to best practices and potential application to surface ship processes and methodologies
- Develop and implement strategic management, action plan(s), execution, and governance plans in order to remove barriers to success and lead and monitor issue resolution.
- Contribute to the development of methodologies to align organizations and processes to achieve current and future material readiness goals of the non-nuclear surface ship force at an effective cost by collaborating across the entire stakeholder community to optimize surface ship maintenance impact on the loss of operational days.
- Apply Knowledge Management tools and resources to team to assist in achieving team objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of team activities, including planning and coordinating team meetings, tracking and managing action items, managing team web page content, coordinating with other related teams, support team leader/client in preparing presentations and briefs to senior leadership body
- Assist in planning and facilitating conferences, working group meetings, and agenda development to ensure issue resolution and action completion
- Utilize SharePoint and email to disseminate KSN supporting information
- Other client and corporate tasking as directed/required
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties, as required
- Direct client-facing contracting and/or consulting experience
- Experience working side-by-side in developing both long-term, strategically significant deliverables and rapidly resolving crises as needed
- Adapt to shifting requirements and multitasking
- Experience working in politically dynamic/charged environment
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating events and meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Willingness to regularly work challenging projects that require bridge-building, strategy development and execution, change management, milestone conformance, and waterfront community stakeholder analysis to maximize support provided to the surface force is critical. Required Experience
Three-five years of professional experience preferred or two or more years supporting the U.S. Navy in a professional environment, contractor, consultant, and/or government civilian preferred
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Government, Political Science or related field
- Experience in applying Knowledge Management tools and familiarity with Knowledge Management resources
- Familiar with Navy engineering terminology and Naval surface ship assessments
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Able to develop, manage, and support effective teams
- Experience in planning and facilitating professional meetings and events
- Expertise/proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to effectively work both in teams and independently
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Location Norfolk, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 2716-317
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular