Virginia State Government Director of Assessment -REPOST in Norfolk, Virginia
Norfolk State University seeks applicants for the position of Director of Assessment. This position provides leadership and oversight of the University’s assessment program, to include outcomes assessment for the University’s academic programs and administrative and educational support units to ensure compliance with SACSCOC and SCHEV mandated assessment requirements.
The successful candidate will:
Facilitate engagement in and provide support for the University’s annual assessment report process, the University’s method for documenting compliance with SACSCOC comprehensive standards 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52 and ensure that academic programs and administrative and educational support units document their continuous improvement efforts.
Provide expertise, leadership, support, training and consultation to academic programs and educational and administrative support units (e.g., defining appropriate outcomes, developing appropriate outcome measures).
Supervise the General Education Assessment Specialist.
Provide general oversight of the University’s assessment of general education learning outcomes to include the University’s quality enhancement plan.
PREVIOUS CANDIDATES NEED NOT RE-APPLY
* EEO STATEMENT NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.*
- Considerable experience in the design and implementation of student learning outcomes assessment programs
- Considerable knowledge of program assessment
- Demonstrated familiarity with SACSCOC and SCHEV accrediting standards
- Experience developing appropriate outcomes (to include student learning outcomes) for academic programs and administrative and educational support units
- Demonstrated experience and progressive responsibility for developing appropriate outcome measurement strategies and instruments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Experience directing and assessing the work of others
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Science or related discipline
- Proficiency with SPSS and Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, mail merge, etc.)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team framework
- Doctorate in Education, Social Science or related discipline
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.”
Applicants who list “see resume” or “see Curriculum Vitae” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
Faxed material not accepted
Emailed material not accepted
700 Park Avenue Norfolk, VA 23504
Working Title: Director of Assessment -REPOST
Role Title: Faculty-Administrative
Job Open Date: 02/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: Competitive and Commensurate with qualifications
Agency: Norfolk State University (213)
Agency Website: www.nsu.edu
Location: Norfolk - 710
Position Number: FP001
Job Posting Number: 1027528
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Salaried Faculty- S-2
Pay Band: UG