Bevilacqua Research Corporation Engineering Technician Level 4 (Cybersecurity Test Engineer) in Langley AFB, Virginia
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama**incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
Do you thrive on completing objectives that others consider too complex? Do you enjoy solving problems that seem unsolvable? How would you feel about identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities of critical DoD acquisition systems? Our team is responsible for testing the cutting edge systems that keep America safe. If you are searching for a position where success is determined by your ability to think outside-the-box, and where unique challenges are not the exception but the norm, then keep reading.
This position provides support to the 47 Cyberspace Test Squadron at Langley AFB, VA.
- Agent to the Security Control Assessor for multiple Authorizing Officials (AOs)
- Conduct independent compliance assessments, penetration testing, data collection, test automation, and reporting.
- Develop test tools and strategies for cybersecurity testing in DoD.
- Perform system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities.
- Execute hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems. (Windows, Linux, Unix, IOS (network)) as well as software/databases (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to test teams.
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and over 10 years of relevant technical experience in the field of cybersecurity, computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering and/or IT systems.Twelve years of applicable experience may be substituted for the BS degree requirement or eight years of experience with an applicable Associates Degree.
- Knowledge in the Cybersecurity Assess and Authorize (A&A;) process to support DoD acquisition programs through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Significant knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
- Travel up to 4 weeks per year, potentially to worldwide sites.
- Active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret – (Single Scope Background Investigation). US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Job experience leading cybersecurity test events.
- Understanding of network security/engineering.
- Knowledge of common wired and wireless network protocol structures.
- DOD 8570.01-M CNDSP Analyst - Certified (CEH, GCIH, etc.).
- Proficient in software development.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 18-ISR-006
Location: Langley AFB, VA
Clearance Required: Secret