Wolf Creek Federal Services Subject Matter Expert III in CHESAPEAKE, Virginia
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The role of the Subject Matter Expert 1 is to provide specific SPAWAR technical support for various projects within the Chesapeake Ops environment.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provides day-to-day ISEA support to SPAWAR and other activities on multiple projects
- Provides support to Fleet activities
- Works with customer in primarily a solitary environment
- Performs related work as assigned in an unsupervised, reactive/mission critical environment.
- We expect this employee to be knowledgeable in various Fleet systems
- We expect this work to be conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- We expect the employee to be a self-starter and to pursue self-education to remain current with industry trends, new technology, new equipment and capabilities.
- We expect the employee to keep manager and supervisors apprised of their progress, maintain ability to work well with others, adhere to contract requirements, and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance within 12 months of hire date.
- 12 years’ experience with SPAWAR programs and operations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have fiber optic installation experience
- Must have U.S. Navy Interior Communications experience
- Experienced in various SPAWAR data bases
Primary Location: US-Virginia-CHESAPEAKE
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Job Number: VA0100211
Req ID: VA0100211